Burgan Bank upgrades its internet security on a continuing basis to ensure customers are protected. Protecting information is a shared responsibility and we request you to exercise caution at all times.
We recommend the following precautions and actions:
- The Bank will never ask you to reply to an email or SMS any personal and financial information such as your username, password, credit/debit card number, PIN numbers or any other sensitive information. If you receive such a request, please ignore and alert us immediately by email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1804080.
- Do not share your personal account information, password or your ATM card PIN with anyone; not even with the Bank or any of its employees.
- Access Burgan Online only from computers that have been checked by capable and updated Anti Virus/Anti Spyware/Personal Firewall software to ensure that there is no malicious program/Spyware installed on the computer.
- Set & use a password that is difficult for others to guess or decipher.
- Regularly change your password as an enhanced security measure.
- Avoid accessing the online banking website from a public PC.
- When you login to online banking, please check the security settings on your web browser.
- Check that the connection is secure over SSL (Secure Socket Layer - Data Encryption)
- Review the "padlock" and certificate signature of the page.
- If you wish to report any phishing or fraud attempt relating to Burgan Bank, please forward details of this via email without modifying the contents to email@example.com . We will investigate the matter and take immediate action.